CAP – STACOM 2011 Terms of Data Usage Agreement
- CAP (Cardiac Atlas Project) is a world-wide collaborative project to establish a standardized database cardiac imaging examinations together with derived analyses, for the purpose of statistical characterization of global and regional heart functional abnormalities to the research communities.
- STACOM (Statistical Atlases and Computational Modeling of the Heart) is a MICCAI 2011 workshop, which holds this 4D LV segmentation challenge.
- 4D LV Segmentation Challenge or the Challenge is a collaborative effort between researchers to automatically segment left-ventricular (LV) myocardium from 4D cine-MRI data.
- Participant is a researcher or a research group who wishes to participate in The Challenge and commits to contribute their segmentation results to the STACOM 2011 workshop.
- CAP—STACOM2011 data or the Data is a collection of test set and validation sets, which are used for the Challenge.
- DETERMINE is a multicenter, randomized study of patients with coronary artery disease and mild to moderate left ventricular impairment, collected to identify those who may be at risk for developing abnormal heart rhythms that might result in sudden cardiac death (see more information).
- Test Set is a collection of 100 randomly selected cases, each consists of: a. Short-axes and long-axes views of cardiac cine-MRI data from the DETERMINE cohort, and b. The corresponding integer-valued CAP ground truth images.
- Validation Set is a collection of 100 randomly selected cases (disjoint from the test set), each consists of short-axes and long-axes views of cardiac cine-MRI data from the DETERMINE cohort. The Validation Set is randomly divided into five sub-groups, each of which contains 20 cases.
- Organizers are Avan Suinesiaputra and Alistair Young on behalf of the Cardiac Atlas Project.
Terms and conditions
- General CAP agreement: The Participant agrees to the general CAP Policies and Procedures for Data Distribution and to the CAP - DETERMINE Data Use Agreement.
- Restricted use: The Data will be used by the Participant solely for the purpose of the STACOM 2011 4D LV Segmentation Challenge. That includes the use of the Data during the development, training, testing, analysis and validation of a segmentation algorithm. The Participant shall not use the Data for any other purpose and/or for any other reason whatsoever.
- Publication: The Participant commits to write a scientific paper describing the methodology of the segmentation algorithm used in this challenge, how the Data are used in the Challenge, and the analysis of the segmentation result. The Participant will submit the paper to the STACOM 2011 workshop.
- Submission: The Participant agrees to submit his/her/their segmentation results from one or more the Validation Set sub-group(s) to the Organizers.
- Collation study: The Participant grants permission to the Organizers to use his/her/their segmentation results from the Validation Set in a collation study. The Participant also grants permission to the Organizers to publish the collation study to a scientific journal. A proper acknowledgment to the Participant will be written in the collation study paper.
- Availability: The Participant grants permission to the Organizers to store the Participant's segmentation results into the CAP database and to make them available for research purposes.